You’re working 8 to 9 hours on average in the office, and most of the time, it’s not properly maintained. Most workplaces remain dirty, which can quickly turn into a breeding ground for most germs and viruses.
Ideally, every workplace should have a bunch of cleaning supplies stored in its inventory and have the office space cleaned by Super Kleen Knoxville Pressure Washing services at least once. So, no matter what organization or business you’re in, you should always make cleaning as your top priority.
After all, having a clean and neat workplace gives a strong impression on potential clients. Also, since employees are given a fresh, and well-sanitized area to work on, they can better care for their health, reducing absenteeism and increasing overall productivity.
Essential supplies that you need to keep your office clean
Before you start, you must ensure that you have all these important equipment at hand:
- Bucket or pail
- Vacuum cleaner
- Glass cleaner
- Towels for cleaning
- Air fresheners
- Trash bags
Having a gameplan in mind is crucial. That’s why you have to create a cleaning strategy that’s systematic and organized. Here’s a checklist to clean your workplace efficiently:
Daily Cleaning Tasks
Keeping your reception area clean is vital so that you can give a strong impression to your clients. So, keep it bright, clean and inviting as much as you can. After all, everyone deserves to work in a clean and healthy working environment to be more productive in tasks.
Here’s how you can make your reception area and office spaces spotlessly clean:
- Empty the trash bins and replace the liners. If necessary, wash it.
- Vacuum the hard floors, mats, and carpets.
- Dust off all furniture surfaces from chairs, desks, to tables. Ideally, wipe them off with a moist, damp cloth with disinfectant.
- Mop the floor with a disinfectant.
- Take off all cobwebs in the area.
- Take off all marks and fingerprints on door frames and light switches.
- Clean the glass doors from the inside and out.
- Wipe and polish all surfaces, including brass and other brightwork on cabinets and doors.
- Clean the walls and other painted areas.
- Ensure that everything is clean from top to bottom and well-arranged in all aspects.
The office kitchen
All employees in your company use the office kitchen. That’s why it is imperative that you keep this place sterile as much as possible. For you to maintain the overall hygiene of the kitchen in your office, here are a few helpful tips:
- Ensure that the trash bins are emptied and cleaned on a daily basis.
- Clean the fridge at least once a week, and throw out the stuff that is way past their expiration date.
- Keep other appliances clean at all times, such as the microwave (from inside and out) and the dishwasher.
- The office coffee machine should also be cleaned regularly.
- Wipe the countertops clean after every use.
- Carefully soak the stove drip pans and knobs on the kitchen sink.
- Keep the kitchen floors dry and clean as much as possible.
- Sweep and mop the floors. Ideally, go light with the cleaning products you use, especially with the water, to avoid all sorts of build-up.
Germs, bacteria, and viruses tend to thrive in the bathroom, that’s why it should be cleaned regularly. It’s also essential that every single time you use the bathroom, you have to wash your hands. Employees need to maintain even these simple hygienic practices for their good.
- Don’t let the water clog on a particular area, get it cleaned at all times.
- Allow the tile and grout cleaner to sit.
- Clean the bathroom floor and tiles with a disinfectant.
- The bathroom floors shouldn’t be slippery.
- Proper hygiene should be maintained.
- Mandatory use of air fresheners.
- Scrub the sink.
- Scrub the countertop using an all-purpose cleaner.
- Use the grout brush to clean the drain and faucet.
- Wipe the front of cabinets and vanity countertop.
- Wipe and shine the faucets.
- Clean the mirror using a spray glass cleaner.
- Wash the floors and allow it to dry.
- Remove the bathroom mat, rugs, and wastebaskets, and replace them with new ones.
Weekly Cleaning Tasks
- Spray buff all the hard floors.
- Clean all sorts of glass from the inside and out.
Monthly Cleaning Tasks
- The chairs and vacuum vents should be vacuumed.
- Dust all high surfaces.
- Vacuum and deep clean all the surface areas.
- Vacuum the fabric chairs (as needed.)
The Final Takeaway
So that’s it! You’re done ‒ congratulations! By having a cleaning list at hand, you’re able to create a healthier and happier workplace for everyone. It’s because both clients and employees can benefit from a sparklingly clean working environment.
When you disinfect surfaces, it reduces the risk of bacteria, and flu and cold viruses from spreading. As a result, it reduces the risk of downtime for all company employees.
Your workspace must make these subtle changes as their priority to create a more healthier, and professional work environment for everyone.
About the Author
Raymond Chiu is the Director of Operations for MaidSailors.com, a trusted office cleaning service NYC. Maid Sailors offers its customers unrivaled office cleaning services that can address even the toughest cleaning needs. Matched with affordable prices, Maid Sailors is your best partner in helping you turn your office into a work-friendly workplace.