No business owner can ignore the importance of their store’s window. This presents you with a huge opportunity in terms of promotion and marketing. Not only will you be able to enhance your brand image, but you will also increase your sales. This is one of the most effective forms of advertising, as you are marketing to those that are already outside of your business, and so you can have an instant impact on them. Any retail store owner needs to consider their window display carefully to make sure they are getting the most from it so their business can experience optimum results. Continue reading to discover all you need to know about some of the most tried and tested tips when it comes to window displays.
Advertise in-store offers and promotions
First and foremost, one of the most advisable approaches to take is advertising any promotions that you have running in-store. This is something teardrop banners work well for. After all, who doesn’t love a bargain? By letting people on the street know that you have a twenty per cent discount in-store for example, you are going to tempt them to come inside and see what is on offer. People, who may have not been interested in buying anything before, may come inside your shop with the sheer hope of benefiting from a great discount. We all love the thought of a bargain. You should view it in the eyes of your potential customers. What would make you come off the street and into a store? Would it be a discount? How about a new range of products? There are many different ways you can entice people to come inside. Once you get people in your store, that is half the battle won, your products can then do the talking, as well as your in-store displays of course.
Choosing the right display products
If you take a look on the Internet you will see that you have an abundance of window display supplies to choose from nowadays. This is great news because it gives you the opportunity to design your window to suit your products and indeed your brand identity. From cube connecting displays to LED posters, there are so many different options available. Firstly, you need to think about what is going to show off your items in the best manner. One great option to go for is a poster and shelving cable system, as you can display your products on the shelves whilst the poster can alert people to any promotions you have in-store. There is no right or wrong when it comes to choosing window display supplies. You simply need to think about what you want to have in your window and then you must buy to accommodate this. Nevertheless, you cannot compromise on quality or style. Remember, your window display may be the first impression a person gets of your company, and so you need to make sure it is a good one.
In this section, we are going to provide you with some key details regarding the poster displays that are available and how to maximise their use at your shop.
What kind of poster displays do you have to choose from?
- LED Light Boxes – LED light boxes are one of the latest inventions when it comes to poster displays. This is a stylish back-lit poster display, which looks sophisticated and can be used in many different situations, from advertising sales to menu displays.
- Floor Standing – Floor standing poster displays are great when used in estate agencies, and at exhibitions and other events when you need to lay out different pieces of information.
- Acrylic Sign Holders and Stands – This poster displays can be used as tabletop displays in restaurants while they also show their worth when they are used at the checkout to advertise discounts and other important pieces of information, such as return policies.
- Cable Displays – Cable displays are very popular because of their flexibility. They work best when used as a window display. However, you are not limited to posters, as cable displays can incorporate many other display products, including cubes and shelves.
- Notice Boards – Notice boards are great for posters that are required in staff rooms and such like to show staff rotas.
- Rod Displays – Rod displays can be used in-store to advertise important information and sales, and they can also be incorporated into window displays. This is a good option to go for if you are looking for low-cost displays.
- Wall Displays – Wall displays work well for one-off posters. Perhaps you want to show off a special offer or maybe you want to have an employee of the month poster display?
- Snap Frames – Snap frames are ideal if you offer a service or sell products and you want to show your expertise so that you can instil customer confidence in your business. For example, if you are a beautician, you may wish to use snap frames to show off the qualifications you have received. This is a great way of improving customer trust.
Now you know about all of the different poster displays you have at your disposal, and thus you can see that we really were not exaggerating when stating that you have an abundance of options to choose from. However, this is because posters offer so many benefits to businesses, so let’s take a look at some of the best ways you can use posters to improve sales at your store.
There is no denying that one of the best ways to use your posters is to display a special offer that you have running in your store. Maybe you are running a discount for students? Maybe you are having a sale for a certain period of the month? There is no denying that everyone loves a bargain, and so you can really improve the chances of increasing your profit levels by offering special discounts and deals.
However, there are different ways for you to use posters to full effect. You can use posters to direct customers to other areas of your store. You can also use them to improve your social media marketing efforts, as you can encourage them to like your Facebook or your Twitter page. Aside from this, you may want to provide your customers with pivotal information about your store, such as a date of a store closure or the returns policy you have in place.
Standout from the crowd
Aside from the points that have already been mentioned, one of the most crucial things is to make sure your window display stands out from all of the rest. It needs to catch the eye and turn heads. Therefore, you should utilise bold colours and striking designs. Pastel shades and delicate text may look pretty, but is it going to stand out? It could – if you get it right, but you will need to have a really innovative design that is unlike any other. If you are feeling unsure, the best thing to do is go for bold and bright colours and shapes, which are going to demand attention. In addition to this, it is also vital to make certain that your window display is never out of date. Information should always be accurate and you shouldn’t keep the same display for too long – most shops tend to change their display marginally every few weeks. Nonetheless, you may want to have a complete overhaul on a seasonal basis.
All things considered, hopefully, you now have a better understanding of some of the tried and tested approaches you can follow when it comes to generating an effective window display. Don’t underestimate the importance of this. A successful, stylish and striking display can have a huge impact on your brand identity and ultimately your profit levels too.